Team Capex defines our layer one networking service as the process of total management over the physical layer of a clients computer network.
Structured Data Cable service:
In the seven-layer OSI model of computer networking, the physical layer or layer 1 is the first and lowest layer.
- The implementation of this layer is often termed PHY.
- The physical layer consists of the basic networking hardware transmission technologies of a network.
- It is a fundamental layer underlying the logical data structures of the higher level functions in a network.
- Due to the plethora of available hardware technologies with widely varying characteristics , this is perhaps the most complex layer in the OSI architecture.
- The physical layer defines the means of transmitting raw bits rather than logical data packages over a physical link connecting network nodes.
- The bit stream may be grouped into code words or symbols and converted to a physical signal that is transmitted over a hardware transmission medium.
- The physical layer provides an electrical, mechanical, and procedural interface to the transmission medium.
- The shapes and properties of the electrical connectors, the frequencies to broadcast on, the modulation scheme to use and similar low-level parameters, are specified here. Within the semantics of the OSI network architecture, the physical layer translates logical communications request from the data link layer into hardware-specific operations to affect transmission or reception of electronic signals.
Layer One Management Responsibilities
- Structured data cable systems (copper / fiber)
- Intermediate Distribution Frame
- Main Distribution Frame